Although reductions are not difficult to make, they can be time-consuming and messy. Plus, anyone who has made their own balsamic reduction at home knows that it usually puts a very strong vinegar smell into the air even with a window open.
I am so glad I came across Nonna Pia’s product because it enables me to always have a delicious balsamic reduction available without having to prepare it myself.
Review of Nonna Pia’s Classic Balsamic Reduction
This balsamic syrup is produced and bottled by Nonna Pia’s Gourmet Sauces Ltd. out of British Columbia, Canada. I tried the classic version, but they offer 5 other flavours of reductions, such as Strawberry Fig and Chili Lime.
Firstly, I like the design of the bottle’s label. It’s modern and catches your eye. Look out for the funny blurb about why the chef named the sauces after his mother Pia instead of his wife.
- NON-GMO Project Verified
- Made from aged balsamic vinegar of Modena, Italy
- 2 year shelf life
- Certified gluten-free
- No thickening agents
- No artificial flavours or colours
- Slightly squeezable bottle makes it easy to control the flow of syrup when drizzling on food
- Most likely low in FODMAPs (since it is sweetened with cane sugar)
- Not organic
- Bottle is made of plastic (however, it is BPA-free)
Verdict: 9.5/10 – Tastes amazing, very versatile, saves time in the kitchen. This product will definitely be a staple in my pantry. I would love to try some of the other flavours, too.
**This is NOT a sponsored post**